Sunday, November 9, 2008

IZ - Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World

Israel "Iz" Kamakawiwoʻole (May 20, 1959 – June 26, 1997)

I love this version of the song. Listening to it gives me a sense of calm, and a sese of hope that everything will be ok, and things will be well tomorrow.

Due for my routine jab tomorrow. Its amazing how time flies. Days seems to melt into months, and very soon months into years. Another year is drawing to an end pretty soon. With the current economic turmoil, I do hope that the coming year will bring more cheer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HI Gloria,
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful version .... somehow while listening to it tonight, the tears fell...not of sadness, but just about everything, how thankful I am that i am still alive to really still live in this really wonderful world :)
Thanks sweetie.....
Love Fleur

pedro.i.alcocer.jr said...

I'm learning IZ's version on guitar. Something about his version that just makes you sit back and reflect. He made these songs his own.