Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It would have been your 66th Birthday!


Happy Birthday, Papa! You would have been 66 years old today. Sadly, you will not be around to have our regular seafood dinner at East Coast, and blow out the candles on your favourite durian cake from Angie the choice.

Its been almost 5 months since you left without a word. I can't imagine how time flew by so quickly. We are moving on with our new routines, coping with our new life without you. Its strange, isn't it, how life continues to move on...

Nicole had started piano lesson while you were still in the hospital. You would have been so proud of her if you could hear what she could play on the piano right now. I guess the musical genes had skipped a whole generation with me not even making it through Grade 1. Nicole had been so inspired to learn those songs you used to sing or play on the harmonica and flute. She works hard practicing the tunes that the teacher taught her, and has made quite a bit of progress, despite starting out a little later than most of her peers. I may be biased, but I think she plays the piano so beautifully.

Mummy is staying with us right now, though she had been pretty busy packing up your place for us to eventually move in. Progress is slow, but i guess she enjoys spending the afternoons at home with you. She talks to you (your picture, rather) often. Can you hear her?

I talk to you too, in my heart, like how you taught me to talk to Jesus. Can you hear me too? I think of you often, you know...and I am still missing you so much.

I would like to think that you are now our Guardian Angel, looking out for us. I felt that way, when Mike couldn't accompany me for my scans recently. I am always nervous when it comes to going for these examinations, but I felt calm throughout. My scans turned out stable. Thank God!

Papa, I hope you are happy wherever you are. You will always be close to my heart wherever you are. Happy birthday to you!


Loving you lots
xoxoxoxo
Your daughter

No comments: