Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A CLEAN Slate


The unimaginable happened 2 days ago. My hard disk got corrupted and my system is rendered unsavagable - at least for an computer idiot like me.

For a person whose bread and butter is so dependent on the PC to function like it should, all hell broke loose when i could not boot up the PC. I was a nervous wreck - all the months of P & L, inventory list, scripts and loads and loads of photos of past, current and upcoming stocks, all wiped out just like that. I had always been pretty religious about backing up my stuff, but the past 2 months had been so so busy that i had neglected the all too important task of backing up my work. I was really miserable as hell.

Anyway, orders still got packed and sent, emails still got answered, while Mike got a friend of his to help with the situation, and of course, not without first ticking me off.

Thanks to the capable hands of Johnny, my system is now up and unrunning. He even managed to salvage most of my files. I am just so grateful that I do not need to do a stock take, and the P & L for the missing months. And yes, the many photos in my drive has also been salged, including the photos of the many beautiful stocks that will be coming up in the coming weeks.
Whats unsalvagable were the list of websites that I frequent that were in stored in My favourites list. Yes, including the list of blogs maintained by friends long gone. Gonna try googling to find them...

No comments: