Monday, September 8, 2008

Itchy Fingers

Pop by the library and found myself this book by Betz White

And suddenly I am inspired!

I would like to think of myself as the creative sort. I enjoyed cross-stitching, paper toleing, doodling, and perhaps crafting. I said enjoy-ed, because its been ages since i have done anything remotely creative. Perhaps, some day, I will pick up my pen to draw again, or the needle to finish up a cross-stitch project that have been left uncompleted ages ago.

I am a Martha Stewart wanna-be. I love her ideas and creativeness, though wasn't too impressed with her brush with the law sometime back.

Anyway this book is by Betz White. She is just so super duper creative. She uses scraps fabrics like from old wool sweaters, cut them up and makes them into these cute but useless cupcakes. Well, asthetically, the cupcakes look better than the worn out woollen sweater, but seriously, what are you gonna do with these cupcakes??? Oh, by the way, she sells them for USD$36 for a single cupcake! Good money, considering these are scrap fabrics (or maybe not?).

Anyway, theres other projects, like book covers, blankets, cushion covers, etc.

I love what she does but not inspired enough to open up my sewing kit just yet. Anyway, thought I would just borrow the book first. Afterall, it cost USD$22.99 for a signed copy on Etsy.

For cheapskates like me, you can also stake out at her blog for free tutorials and ideas.

Going to bed now...Need to pack my stuff tomorrow morning. Got a flight to catch.

Borrowing the silly tagline from Swensons...I am SO going to Macau!

No comments: