Friday, February 20, 2009

Meeting the Docs

The Docs have scheduled a meeting with Mum, me and my aunt (Papa's sister) tomorrow morning. I am not sure what the docs are going to discuss with us. Perhaps, its about the heart valve surgery. The surgery has its risks, but with the complication of Papa's health condition, there is even greater risk. Sigh...will see what the docs says.

Papa is less sedated these days. He is responsive, and as usual quite restless. I noticed too that 2 of his toes have turned black. I asked the nurse if his toes are gangrene, but she did not give an affirmative answer. Papa is not diabetic so the sight took me aback. She said that the toes turned black because of the poor blood circulation due to Papa being bedbound, and also the lack of oxygen circulating in his body.

Sigh...I hope that there will not be further complications. will see what the Docs say tomorrow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you're going through all these since we last met... just dropped by your blog to check on how you are and was shocked to hear the news of your dad's illness. We will keep your dad in our prayers. Keep your strength up! Am glad that Nik is around to keep you laughing with her innocence and sweet charms. Love the wishing well blog. Best to everyone! Hugs and love!! F + J

Angie Ng said...

Hey girlfriend, I am so sorry to hear about your dad's health. My prayers are with you. Stay strong and positive like you always have been. Love always..and most importantly God Bless