Friday, February 20, 2009

Wishing Well (?)

Nic has been pretty thrifty with her allowance. She doesn't spend much of her allowance, and would prefer to spend her recess playing with her friends, rather than waiting in line to buy food. This is so unlike her when she was in Primary one.

While in primary one, she was embracing the novelty of her new-found financial freedom by going "shopping" with her buddies at the Bookshop and coming home with new erasers and pencils every other day. This came to a complete halt when we told her that we will not be giving her anymore allowance if she continues to shop in this manner. I could totally relate to the joy of having new stationery, but I guess we need to teach her right values, right?

Save for one or two new eraser and pencil, Nic has since been pretty careful with her money, probably spending a dollar out of her daily $3.00 allowance. Anyway, Nic came home today telling me that she had spent "a lot" of money today. Hmm... as I was just going to start on my lecture on the virtues of thriftiness, blah blah blah...she told me she spent her allowance at the Wishing Well.

There is this little pond in St Nicks which the school calls the Wishing Well, and the kids (maybe adults too) have been throwing coins in the pond to make wishes.

On hearing that, the sceptic in me told her not to throw money into the pond anymore. But i just have to find out what she has wished for.

She had wished for Grandpa to recover, and come home soon...

Well,I hope her $2.00 wish will come true...

Heres the pic of the Wishing well






No comments: