Sunday, September 6, 2009

Self-Restraint

This blog entry isn't so much about the NASTY customer that i had. It is in fact more of how my emotions got the better of me, and just simply spiralled out of my control. You could say that I prided myself for being a pretty calm and collected person, who is at a stage in life where little irks does not unfazzle my nerves, and little people affect me no less. But I guess, i was so wrong.

I am guilty of letting a total stranger ruin my mood and my Saturday with my family. Totally undeserving, and thinking of it still makes my blood boils!

I am so tempted to post the exchange, but will refrain from that, but I certainly will be quoting from our exchanges. To cut a long story short, this customer made a purchase and wanted it sent by regular mail. Registration is always recommended, but she wanted to save that $2.30. she didn't receive the mail after 5 days and emailed me on Friday, accusing me of being dishonest, saying that she "will make a police report against me, and report to ACRA and Small Claims Tribunal". Hey, if singpost screw up, you can't blame me.

I called Singpost that Friday to check, but being a regular mail, there is no records and traceability. The supervisor at the delivery base called on Saturday, and did say that he will get back to me after checking. I could visualised her jeering at me when she said that I "have no proof that you send the goods at all". And she goes on to say that I am unhelpful, and went on to file a claim on Paypal, leaving me no chance to respond to Paypal's request. She had me cornered, all for $26.40. She did not even allow Singpost to revert. I smell fraud, you think I should make police report too? She receives the package and claims she didn't, and makes a claim through Paypal?

What really really irked me, and made me fumed was her attitude. Just because you make a purchase from my shop doesn't entitle you to speak to me in a condescending and rude tone.

While I was still fuming, Nic came by and innoccently asked me a question and I snapped at her. It certainly was no fault of hers. She was simply being at the wrong place at the wrong time. She was taken aback, and left the room, like a poor puppy with a tail between her legs. I know I shouldn't have yelled at her, and I should have exercise more self-restraint. Looking at her sleeping right now, I am just simply guilt-ridden. I know she will probably forget about the episode tomorrow, but I just wished I had more restraint on my own emotions. I wanted to kick my own butt now.

While I honestly do enjoy doing what I am doing, working hours do eat into Family time sometimes. While i do try to keep them separate by spending certain number of hours with Nic, work beckons sometimes, and it may not always be possible. And what about emotions? While I try not to let any negativity affect me, I guess I let my guard down this time.

Well the fiasco hasn't ended. I will check with Singpost again on Monday, and will pick it up from there. Anyone interested to know more details about said customer can email me. I shudder to think that she is in a profession in shaping our future generation.

My mantra from now on will be:

I will NOT let Nasty people affect my emotions. They Do not deserve my attention! They can go *bleep* *bleep* !! (Please fill in the bleeps with appropriate words)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it happened to me once for a pack of gemstones..it cost me 84 USD! so i can understand your indignation...