Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Hope, New Dreams

This is taking me a little longer to write. Its the second day of the New Year, and here I am still reflecting on the year past, and thinking in anticipation about what the New Year beckons. 2009 had started out a really rocky and bumpy ride. As we cruised along the winding road, what started out as a really tough journey, has worked its way around, and I have come off the journey a more mature individual, blessed in many ways.

The past year had been a year of some really low Lows...my Papa's passing, and a friend's passing not long after. Angie's passing affected me as we were on the same treatment regime. While the drugs helped in my healing process, it didn't for her. I shuddered to think of the fragility of life and at the back of my mind, there will always be a lingering thought of "What if it didn't work". The tears has somewhat dried, as i think of Papa and Angie more often during happier moments, rather than those sad days when they were ill.

There were of course many high points in the year where the moments of joy and simple happiness I relished, like watching Nic grow. Sharing her pride and joy, when she scored a Band 1 for Mathematics, after much hard work. She deserved it! Watching her marvel with amazement at the sight of snow for the very first time, going on her first roller coaster ride, and making new friends while we were on tour. Nic amazes me all the time, with the amount of energy and zest she has...it just makes me want to keep up with her...all the time!

Looking back at 2009, the year hasn't been all that bad....really

I do not really like the idea of planning too far ahead just in case i jinx my good fortunes. I have learned to live my life, making plans for the year ahead, never on a 5 year plan basis.

So in the year 2010, i am going to live my life like i did in 2009...to the fullest.




Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments: