Saturday, July 12, 2008

Five Year Mark...Yay?

As of sometime in mid-July, it will be the 5th year of my cancer diagnosis. I had my surgery on the 04 August 2003. Its probably around this time that I was disgnosed with the cancer. I remembered I was running around like a headless chicken making arrangement for the surgery, making arrangement for nic to be taken care of while i was away in the hospital, handling the paperwork with HR. All these while trying to grasp with the painful reality of the news.

Anyway, doesn't this revelation puts me statistically in the optimistic group of women who are still alive five years later? I always kind of thought the statistic referred to women who were alive five years later without having recurred, but now I'm not so sure that's what they mean.

Perhaps, even in my current state, it IS still considered a victory? Yay....

Despite the aches and pains on my spine and pelvis, I am happy to still be here sucking air, even though I had been hoping for more...

4 comments:

The Tired Mommy said...

Hi, what church are you from ? What cancer did you get ? My mum recently has been diagnosed with colon cancer, stage 3A She's going thru her chemo now...

Jas aka paced said...

As Lance Armstrong would say it, "Live Strong". You will definately win this battle! Have confidence in yourself and your onco. ;-)

Gloria said...

Tired Mommy, I am attending Church of the Ascension in Potong Pasir. Going thru chemo is not easy for the person receiving it, but from the view of the caregiver, it is also not easy watching your love one suffering. You take care!

Gloria said...

Paced, Thanks for dropping by my webby. You are an inspiration yourself, going thru what you are going thru' and juggling your studies as well. You take care too!