Monday, August 18, 2008

Lifestyle of One High Maintainence Gal

Just back from my monthly maintainence program. And i am feeling rejuvenated and sort of energized. i am back-ache free for the moment. If you ask, I probably could bent and touch my toes. Haha. I haven't seen my toes in that angle in a long long time if you ask me.

Well, I would like to say that my monthly maintenance program revolves round facial, spa, massage, slimming program, and an occassional face lift or botox. These are luxuries that I
will love to indulge in. In actual fact, my monthly maintenance program involves a trip to the hospital, and an infusion of Zometa through my veins. Its good stuff, if you ask me.

Bone metastases wear away portions of bone‚ leaving small holes called osteolytic bone lesions, leaving the bones weak and fragile. The drug essentially fights these abnormal cells, and restores the normal process of bone remodelling, and help protects the bones. My interpretation: it fills up the holes in my bones, and fights away the bad guys.

And they even have a Buy 2 dose, get one dose free promotion, I kid you not. Ask your oncologist. He / She will provide you with more details on the offer.

Anyway, my hubby joked that that I am evolving into one very high maintenance gal.

Other than the monthly program, I am on drugs that cost a subsidised priceof $10 a pop. Not complaining cos' i know of fellow survivors on more expensive drugs. And I need to do quarterly scans. These scans are costly ($$$) and can cause large amount of stress built-up and pent-up emotions. And after each scan, we celebrate the result with nice dinners ($$$). And during school holidays, we take short trips overseas ($$$), to destress ourselves from the cumulative amount of stress.

Well, at least i am not filling our cupboards with bags and shoes :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gloria, thank you for sharing this blog of yours, i tell ya, you should see the smile on my face, how you put everything so positively *HUGS*

But then again... now you make me guilty *laugh* cos, I do collect alot of bags and shoes, ontop of all that you have mentioned..... he he he... hence i guess, I better continue to work hard to maintain my HIGH lifestyle eh *wink*

God Bless

Love Fleur