Friday, May 8, 2009

I Made It Through Another Year!

Yeah! One more candle on the cake, one whole year to be thankful for!

Yes, I have turned a year older at the stroke of midnight. Its a quiet day with a simple lunch at Ivin's and dinner at Jack's Place. I didn't have to prepare dinner tonight, so thats a good thing for me. No presents from Nic, cos its exam season, and "she don't have time to draw a card". Its ok, Nic, just do well in your exams, thats the best-est present I would ever ask for. Mike got me a netbook. Small, and fits nicely into my tote. What else could I ask for? :)


Its a bittersweet day. I couldn't help but miss my papa a little more on this day. I miss going out with him for our birthday dinners at the East Coast Seafood Centre. I missed the quiet walks along the beach after these dinners. I just simply missed his presence...even more today


It didn't help that a dear friend passed away not too long ago. Even though we have not known each other for too long, I couldn't help but miss her. Its not too often that I am able to meet someone who is able to click with you, who understands the situation that we are in and the predicament we are in. Who else would understand the frustration of our forgetfulness and being "mentally slow"? Having said that, i am glad I am still able to solve Primary 2 problem sums :) they are not very easy these days.

I am looking forward to the year ahead. It has been 5 years 10 months since the initial cancer diagnosis, 1 year 10 months since the relapse. Life has been good, and I am looking forward to more :)

3 comments:

Sue Chong said...

Happy Birthday Gloria! May your year ahead be filled with God's blessings.

laissezfaire said...

Happy Birthday Gloria! xoox

Unknown said...

Hey Gloria,
Happy Belated Birthday :)
HUGS.... God will continue to shower his blessings and I know there will be many more years to come :D

Love Fleur